Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

These cookies are amazing!!! A few months ago I was browsing a blog called The Picky Palate and I ran across this recipe.  I had all but forgotten about it until the other day when I was browsing through my bookmarked recipes, looking for something to make for my sister-in-law's birthday.  Boy, did I hit a winner!!!  You can find the original recipe here. When I ran out of Oreos, I used the Girl Scout's Thin Mints Cookies :)

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ingredients: 

1 package of Oreo Double Stuffed Cookies
2 sticks of butter, softened
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of loose brown sugar (not packed)
2 large eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups of flour
1 cup chocolate chips (I tend to go easy on the chocolate chips, but add more if you want!)

Directions: 


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Beat butter and sugars together until creamy.  Add eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla, and beat until just blended.  Add in baking soda, salt, and flour and mix until it is well combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Take a small spoonful of cookie dough and flatten it in your hand.  Place an Oreo on top of the cookie dough. Add a thin layer of cookie dough to the top of the Oreo, and flatten the dough with your fingers, making the two ends of the cookie dough touch.  Cup the cookie in your hands so that the cookie is round and even.

Bake for 5 minutes, then turn 180 degrees, and continue baking for another 5 minutes.  They should retain the cookie dough like color, even though they are done.  If you want, go ahead and bake them longer :)  Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire wrack to cool.

When you take your first glorious bite, the soft Oreo will just melt in your mouth! It's absolutely divine :)

Enjoy!


1 comment: