Friday, June 24, 2011

Blueberry & Strawberry Muffins

I found the best Blueberry & Strawberry Muffin recipe! I made these about a month ago for our community group and they were a hit!  You can make these with just strawberries too.  I plan on making blueberry ones this afternoon and as soon as my fruit trees are ready I'm going to try peach too! You can find the original recipe here.  I love the world wide web :)

Blueberry & Strawberry Muffins

Ingredients:


Batter:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk (I used 1%)
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped into small pieces

Topping:
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup butter cubed into tiny pieces
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:


Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.  Place muffin/cupcake cups in muffin/cupckae pan.  Combine sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.  Mix the vegetable oil, egg, and milk in a glass measuring cup and then add it to the dry mixture.  Stir in fruit.  Scoop the mixture into the cups all the way to the top. (I ended up only needing 11).

For the topping, mix the sugar, flour, and cinnamon in a bowl.  Add in the cubed butter and mix in with a fork.  Add to the top of the muffins.  (Bakers Note on the topping: I found that I had way too much mixture and not enough butter.  I followed the directions on the mixture, but I forked out the butter pieces and places them on the top of the muffins.  Then I sprinkled some of the dry mixture over it.  I also heavily sprayed the tops of the muffins with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray, because I thought it looked too dry.)

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment