Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Oh Mother!

I received a package from my mother this week.  She told me she sent me some antique stuff to me.  I mentioned to my mom last year when I went up to see her , that I had been looking for something like her shakers on the stove.

For those of you who don't already know, my kitchen is the most adorable turquoise color you have ever laid your eyes on, and I have a retro sparkly grey dinette set, a hutch full of milk glass and other retro stuff, a bunch of retro/antique stuff up on the shelves in my kitchen.  It's very 40's and retro and I LOVE IT!!!

So when I opened the box last night, I said "Oh! Mother!" She sent me those shakers and an adorable red poka-dot bowl.  My mom is the best!!!  Basically, all the milk glass and depression glass that I own is from her.  In these pictures basically everything is from her :) 








I love my stuff!!! And no, that is not all that I have.  My mom also supplied me with a lot and I mean a lot of blue and pink milk glass plates, cups, and bowls. And yes, I actually do use these things, and quite often.  If it looks like it could hold flowers (salt & pepper shakers, refrigerator jars, etc...), then it holds flowers! And if it's a dish, then something is often it in :) 


1 comment:

  1. wow!!! mom is just sooo incredible!!! and such a sweet lady!!! i love her!!! aaaannnnddd i love your new stuff!!! i cant wait to see it in person this weekend!!! love mom and love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete