Saturday, April 9, 2011

Monkey Bread

I got this wonderful recipe from my sister-in-law Sally (who is the mother of my future nephew!) at my bridal shower in a Martha Stewart perfectly turquoise recipe box.  I tried it for the first time on Monday night when I made dessert for our Community Group.  Be jealous...it was a hit! Thanks Sally :)

Ingredients:
3 packages of Pillsbury biscuits
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 cup melted butter

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix sugar and cinnamon in a large zip-lock bag.  Cut biscuits into quarters.  Place them in the bag and shake with mixture until coated.  Place in a 9x13 pan (I used a bundt pan instead).  Melt the butter and add to the bag with the leftover cinnamon sugar mixture.  Pour buttery mixture over the top of the biscuits.  Bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm :)

Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. That looks yummy!

    PS - I have the red Martha Stewart recipe box :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do Monkey Bread for most holidays - always a hit. But one time I used my angel food pan with the removeable center and butter leaked all over the oven. Smoke detectors were going off, my dogs were freaking out and my house smelled of smoke for days. It was terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness I am craving this now!!! Wanna come to Texas and make it for me? Please? Love you!

    ReplyDelete