Sunday, November 28, 2010

Persimmon Cookies

At 10 PM last night, my hubby asked me to make him some Persimmon Chocolate Chip Cookies.  How could I refuse? I've never made them before, and I was nervous, but I think they turned out good!

Persimmon Cookies 

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (optional)
1 cup Persimmon pulp
2 cups flour
1 handful of chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:
Preheat over to 350 degrees.
Beat sugar and butter together until smooth.  Add in eggs, one at a time, and beat in until just blended.
Add in cinnamon, salt, baking soda, cloves, pumpkin pie spice (optional) and flour.  Gradually add in persimmon pulp while mixing flour and spices.  Beat until well blended.  Stir in a handful of chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded spoonful onto greased baking sheet.  Bake for 5 minutes, then turn 180 degrees and bake another 3 minutes.  Allow to cool for a minute or two before transferring to wire rack or wax paper to cool.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment