Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

I thought I would start of my blog with a new cookie recipe I made last night for my friends.  I was going to make Apple Butterscotch cookies, but then decided to twist it up a little bit and I ended up with my very own creation.  Enjoy!

Cinnamon Spice Apple Cookies
Ingredients:
10 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cups flower
1 1/2 cups grated apple
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup cinnamon chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and sugar until smooth. Add egg.
Combine cinnamon, ground cloves, baking soda, salt and flour in a separate bowl and add alternately with grated apple. Stir in butterscotch and cinnamon chips by hand.

Drop by rounded spoonful onto greased baking sheet.  Bake for 5 minutes and turn pan 180 degrees.  Bake an additional 5 minutes.  Remove from oven, and let cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes.  Transfer to cooling rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes.  Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. Baby girl, this sounds great! I think I'll try to make these for your Daddy, but I will cut it in 1/2 for just the two of us.

    ReplyDelete