Saturday, December 4, 2010

Gingersnaps

My grandma gave me a cookbook a couple of years back.  It's called 'Feeding the Flock: Turpin Mennonite Church 100th Anniversary'.  I'm not sure where she got it from (although she is from Oklahoma) but I would of never known that this cookbook she ordered for me would turn out some of my most popular cookies.

Soft & Chewy Gingersnaps 

1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 egg
1/4 cup molasses
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 T. ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups flour
Sugar (for coating)

Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat sugar and butter together until smooth.  Add egg and mix until just blended.  Add molasses until blended.  Add in cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking soda, and flour.  Beat until well blended, making sure to scrape in the sides of the bowl.
Roll into small balls and roll in sugar.  Bake for 5 minutes, turn 180 degrees and bake another 3 minutes. Allow to cool for a minute or two before transferring to a wire wrack to cool.

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Yum! Thanks for posting for those of us cooking challenged. Better yet, you should deliver them fresh from the oven =)

    ReplyDelete